Saturday, January 31, 2009

Uterus on Strike

What a crappy last couple of weeks I have had. It is bad enough my reproductive organs don't want to help me TTC, but now my uterus is punishing me for something I am unaware of. I have been bleeding for 36 days now. Yes is said 36 DAYS!!!! Prior to that I had spotted for 21 days. I am not talking light bleeding either. Full blown, heavy, feel like I'm slowly bleeding to death, big scary clots bleeding!

I of course went to my OB to find out what the problem was, and she told me maybe I had a miscarriage and the bleeding would stop soon. WTF??? So I left and a few days later ended up in the ER. I had been soaking pads every 2 hours and started to feel really weak and dizzy. The ER doctor said my blood level was low. He ran a few tests and gave me lot of fluids and then told me to follow up with my OB.

I of course found myself a new OB, a GYN surgeon in fact. I was started on 400mg of progesterone to try and stop the bleeding. If the bleeding does not stop by the end of the week I have to have a D&C and then she will do the laparoscopy at the same time instead of the 17th.

I am just angry! My ovaries don't want to ovulate, my tubes won't let eggs through, and now my uterus wants to kill me! To top it all off I also have to get my tonsils out on the 20th! The uterus has been talking to other parts of my body and has started it's own picket line!

In the long run I am hoping the lap will better my chances at conceiving. The doctor will double check that my tubes are blocked before taking them out or tie them off, and will also clean up the endometriosis.

On another not, my sister had her D&C last Tuesday and is doing well. Her and he fiance have decided to get married Sep 12th now before TTC again.

No comments:

Post a Comment